Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day: 24 & 25

Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Siracha Chicken with Curry Sauce


Cashew Curry Lime Sauce from Whole30Recipes Instagram: 
1 tsp. Yellow curry pwder
1 tsp. Red curry powder (I just used the paste)
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander
1/2 C. Raw Cashews
1/2 C. Hot water
1/2 tsp. Salt
Juice from half a lime
1 tsp. Olive oil
1/4 C. Yellow Onion
2 Cloves garlic chopped/minced
1/2 Can of Coconut Milk (this is my own addition)

Combine spices, set aside. Soak cashews in hot water for 10-20 minutes (I soak mine right in the blender).  On medium heat saute the onion until translucent. Add garlic and spices, cook another minute.  Add spices and lime to the blender, pulse until smooth. The sauce may need more salt, add until sufficient.  Top on roasted vegetables or meats.

As for the bacon wrapped chicken siracha, I marinated cubed chicken in siracha and lime juice for about 3 hours. I then wrapped bacon around each piece of chicken and stuck with a tooth pick. I broiled for 20 minutes, turning over each piece halway through.  I then placed in a bowl, added several spoonfuls of the curry sauce to the chicken. I only used about a 1/3-1/4 of the sauce on the bacon wrapped chicken, just enough to provide a little more moisture. You could also use it as a dipping sauce! 

No comments:

Post a Comment