Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day: 17 & 18


Breakfast: Hashbrowns with Red Pepper


I grated 2-3 red potatoes, finely sliced one shallot and stirred the two together. I added about a Tbsp. of grape seed oil (or Ghee: Ghee makes it a bit crispier) to a pan. Once hot, I added the grated potatoes with shallot and packed it in my mini frying pan. Generously season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes on each side until crisp, do not stir! Afterwards I cooked the red pepper separately and added on top. It was delicious! I will definitely make this again.

Update: I've made this almost every morning for 7 days straight. I now top with 1 whole avocado (sprinkled with salt and pepper). The avocado makes this dish one I can't wait to fix in the morning!


Dinner: Taco Salad

Didn't take a picture. My camera stinks when it comes to inside pictures with artificial light. Taco salad is pretty basic, but I must say it tasted dang good!  I used taco seasoning from this site:

No artificial stuff around here anymore! I had a beautiful salad full of different greens, meat, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, avocado and topped with my own home made salsa. I drizzled a bit of a vinaigrette I've been making these last few months. A local shop sells an apple syrup and apple cider vinegar which I combine.  I also add a little olive oil to the combination. A very light refreshing vinaigrette. 


No comments:

Post a Comment