Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 19 & 20

Dinner: Vegetable Hash

1. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, broccoli, cauliflower or any other veggie to a 9x13 pan. I first boil my cubed potatoes and sliced carrots in salted water.  The broccoli and cauliflower should also be slightly cooked (and lightly salted), though left a little firmer. If you're adding a squash or zucchini, do not pre-cook).  Shred chicken on top of vegetable medley.

2. Add 1/3 C. melted butter (I have subbed olive oil, not quite as good, but works!) over top of the veggies, along with a drizzle of white wine. Then add pepper (as much or little as you like), 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning, 2 tsp. Garlic powder, 1-2 tsp. Onion powder (if not using fresh onions), and 2 bay leaves.  Incorporate slightly the seasonings with the vegetables. Sprinkle a mixture of parmesean and mozzerella on top. 

3. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted (if veggies are already pre-cooked) and the dish is hot.



I got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago. Easy, filling and tasty. It's my go to dish if I have a lot of vegetables on hand and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great). Picture does not do it justice!

I did not use the cheese or white wine this time.  The dish was not quite as good being rendered Whole 30 appropriate! The Parmesan really makes this dish, without the added cheese, it's still good, but not as amazing as it could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment