Saturday, February 6, 2016

Day: 27 & 28

Dinner: Kulua Pig With Hawaiian Haystacks (Whole30 Style!)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24035/kalua-pig-in-a-slow-cooker/


Kulua pig is bursting with flavor! It will bring to life any dish with it's salty smokey flavor. I used this to make a WHole30 compatible version of Hawaiian Haystacks.  My salad, consisting of lettuce, peppers (red, yellow, orange), carrots and cucumbers was finished off the avocado cilantro sauce I posted in my earlier post of fish tacos. 


 The sauce was a little thicker than I would have liked, but it tasted so good I didn't want to dilute any of the flavors! I had this again the next night and was wishing I would have taken a picture of when it looked a lot more pretty, but you get the point!


No comments:

Post a Comment